Melissa Peterson Bio
Melissa has been all over the world performing, teaching and choreographing and is thrilled to be the artistic director at Envision Dance Company.
She has been privileged to work for some amazing companies including:
– Walt Disney Company as a featured performer, “Ariel, the Little Mermaid” and dancer
– Celebrity Cruise Lines as a featured dancer.
– During her time in Orlando, FL she performed in numerous industrials and stage shows for John Best Entertainment, Gettings Productions and Mills/James Productions
– Danced alongside Ruben Gomez, formerly of Menudo, breakthrough music video “Siempre Manana” as well as the televised ABC Special “Millennium Philadelphia” to ring in 2000.
– Choreographer professional stage shows for S2 Management Group Modeling Agency and Vaud-Villities both in Columbus, OH and was assistant choreographer for the Tokyo Disney Audition Tour in 1996.
– Melissa has also judged and taught master classes for regional and national dance competitions/conventions including Headliners, Chicago Dance Connection, Spotlight Events and Fabulous Talent.
Although Melissa loved performing, her true passion comes alive when she is teaching dance. She began teaching at the young age of 16 and has worked with hundreds of dancers across the country, many who have continued studying dance in college or have danced professionally for Broadway, cruise ships, Disney World and Disneyland, Universal Studios and various NFL and NBA dance teams. It fulfills her to witness her students achieve their goals along the way whether it be mastering a step, receiving an accolade at a competition, being accepted into college or getting that first professional dance job. She looks forward to continuing this tradition with dancers at Envision. Melissa holds a Bachelors in Arts, Sociology, from College of the Holy Cross in Massachusetts. In addition to teaching dance, Melissa enjoys traveling, playing tennis and spending time with friends and family.